As prom is getting closer for me and almost everyone else, I realized there are a lot of girls that are not going simply because they cannot afford a dress. Here a few solutions/tips to that!
1. There are some local community colleges that collects donated prom dresses. This may not be the best thing to resort to, but it is definitely worth a try.
2. Rent a dress! Ask prom dress shops around your city if you could rent a dress. If guys can rent tuxedos, why can’t girls rent dresses? There is also a site where you can rent designer dresses here!
3. Ask a sorority for help! These girls do more than just rush and party. They also do a lot of community services! Ask for help. They could maybe do a fundraiser and profits would go to your dress! Or they might just gather all these dresses they have and let you borrow!
4. Ask a friend. I have many friends that go to their drill team’s formals and what not. They are bound of have dresses from that and so why not borrow? Yes, you’re repeating someone’s outfit but its for a different occasion :]
Hope these tips help!
Cute Way to Ask Someone to Prom: Play a Video during Their Class!
Here is a video someone I know made to ask someone to prom. Make sure y’all play this during a class period y’all have together. If not, play it in her class where you can come to when the video is played. Have the teacher make everyone watch the video.
Cute Way to Ask Someone to Prom: All the Fishes in the Sea
Buy a few goldfishes in a bowl. Make a cute/creative card that says “Out of all the fishes in the sea, will you go to prom with me?” taped to the bowl. Leave the bowl in front of her door and ring the doorbell or in her locker.
Cute Ways to Ask Someone to Prom: Poppin’ Balloons!
Make a puzzle out of card stock paper that has the question “WIll you go to prom with me?” Or something along those lines on it. Cute it into pieces or in actual puzzles pieces and stick them into the balloons. Fill the balloons with helium and give the bunch to your prospect date. Have him or her pop all of it and they will solve the puzzle.
Cute Ways to Ask Someone to Prom: Ransom!
Take one of your prospect date’s most valuable item or an item they need/use everyday. Replace it with a ransom note saying how they need to come at this place and time. You can set up the place with romantic decor and have the phrase “Will you go to prom with me?” spelled out in flower petals or something similar to that.
Another cute way to ask a girl to prom! Since prom season is usually quickly after Easter, have an Easter egg hunt! But instead this is for prom! This is a clever way because you can do this during or around Easter and the person you’re asking would not suspect a thing. So, there are different ways you can do this:
1. Write “Will you go to prom with me?” or something along those lines on the person’s car, front yard, on a white board, with chalk on the sidewalk, etc. Then, put candy or whatever you’d like in the eggs and lay it out so that it would lead from the starting point to the destination. Remember to give the person a basket! And be sure to have the starting point far from the destination. Once the person picks all the eggs they’ll see what you asked!
2. Put candy into the eggs but put a little piece of paper that spells out “Will you go to prom with me?” or something a long those lines in it. I suggest separating the words into different eggs. Have a scattered egg hunt and the person will open them and have to decipher the sentence!
I’m sure there are more ideas you can go with the Easter egg hunt but here are two that I suggest! :]